[G4] flash drive question (again)

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Oct 31 23:41:23 PST 2006

On 29 October, 2006, at 11:47:19, MegaSTMac at aol.com wrote:

>  I move and or open OS9 files in 10.3.9 all the time with no
> confusion at all. I've done that within the same machine,

Which OS were you booted into at the time? IIRC, you said that you
were having the problem of viewing the files when you moved them to a
different machine?

If you took (by using a flash drive or CD) the file to a different
machine that didn't have the Classic environment installed, you would
have had to open the file in OS-X and had to re-save it a form that
would be recognized by the system.

The problem appears to me to be a disparity in OS versions on
different machines, but maybe I'm wrong on that point.