[G4] Re: Carbon Copy Cloner

Slip Kid G-2 at att.net
Tue Sep 5 14:00:50 PDT 2006

DKM wrote:
	"I used the free version of SuperDuper to clone my OS,..."

SD gets my vote too.
I was new to a Mac a year ago & my G4 only had a 20Gig Drive. After 20
years w/M$ it was never this smooth.
I first slid the contents of the original disc to a new 120Gig drive,
left it in place and then 'switched' to boot to that disc.
Bingo!

I've since done the same w/another disc (eliminated the original 20Gig
drive).
Same routine...Clone, change the SysPref to boot to the 'new drive'
(leaving the newly 'cloned drive' on the cable it was formatted/cloned upon)
I booted to the new disc & I now have two discs which will boot.

SD allows for options I haven't even explored, but I was clueless and it
has 'cloned' with ease.
BTW, it takes care of 'formatting/partitioning' and does a thorough
'check'....

Michael