[G4] Seagate drive

Mark Sexton marksexton at mac.com
Thu Apr 12 17:55:22 PDT 2007

I replaced a dying secondary drive in my G4 Gig Ethernet Dual 450 w/
a Seagate 250 GB drive, hoping to install a fresh system of 10.4 on
one of possibly 3 partitions I was going to make.  However, upon
reboot after the drive's installation, disk utility recognizes this
drive as only a 120 GB drive.  I seem to remember some issue maybe
long ago w/ OS 9 recognizing larger drives, but not OS X.  Could
someone shed some light as to how I get this mac to see the drive for
its true self in all its 250 GB glory.

Currently the start up drive in the computer is using 10.4.9, and it
booted up great.  Thanks for any help one can provide, and email me
directly if there is more info about my system that you need.

Mark

PS  Is one amount of partitions preferable over another.  I only
decided 3 because that is what the current start up drive has, using
one for OS and apps, the second for music and movies, and the final
for digital photos.   Should I consider more partitions for optimal
performance?