[G4] SATA Superdrives

Jim Davis nomorebush at mac.com
Wed Apr 18 01:00:05 PDT 2007

Hi all...
I have an MDD Dual 867, and I need to replace my combo drive.  I've noticed that the latest crop of drives are SATA driven, and I'm wondering if it's worth the plunge- Would I just purchase the same type of controller I would need for SATA hard drives, thus being ready for THAT upgrade when the time comes?  I'm planning on buying two drives, so it's either the Pioneer 112D, or the SATA equivalent.
Thanks guys...

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe that they are free. - Goethe.