[G4] Wear on Extra HD

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 12:00:56 PDT 2007

Rich,

I think if the drive is plugged in, it runs whether or not it is unmounted.  Unmounting may save wear and tear on the heads, but not on the bearings.  Why don't you simply open the case and unplug the power supply? (It's the smaller of the two connections.)  You can reconnect it when you need it.

Nate

From: Richard Kriss <rmkriss at sbcglobal.net>