[G4] ATTN: Mac-to-phone

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Wed Apr 25 19:52:29 PDT 2007

Well, here's a crazy-ass way that will, at most, cost you pennies per minute, but might still be free within North America: get either Skype or Gizmo Project.  Set either (or both) to make calls from your computer into the public phone system, using the phone number of your PA system.  BINGO!

Or did you mean a "phone" connector, that is a larger barrel stereo plug?  For that, just use the earphone output and a mini-stereo-to-phone adaptor (couple of bucks at Radio Shack). You might also need an impedance matching resistor (not sure of that--just try it without the impedance matcher).

--Steve