[G4] ATA BUS QUESTION

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sat Apr 28 15:22:25 PDT 2007

On 28 Apr, 2007, at 5:29 AM, Frank Sudore wrote:

> As far as speed is concerned does it matter where your boot/system
> drive is positioned? I'm thinking I need to reposition a few things.

As far as I have seen, it doesn't seem to matter where your boot
system is located as long as it is an active system and can be chosen
as the startup drive in the system preferences.

Of course, my older eyeballs can't see much difference in processor
speed between a 1.4GHz and a 1.8GHZ machine. Where my eyes see the
difference is when I apply a filter to an image file or drag and drop
a file. I can tell that the newer machine is faster but that is about
all.