[G4] Upgrading 733 MHz Quicksilver to Tiger

Loren Smedberg lorensmedberg at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 21:43:27 PDT 2007

I was sort of forced to up grade my QS 733 - Mac in tax finally needed to have 10.3 something & I was still running 9.2.2 - along with the original 10.1 that I never used. I went out & bought Tiger 10.4 , I then ordered a dvdr from Other World Computing  $45.00, Also an ATA 133 card (now the comp. recognizes large drives) also installed a 120 GB & 250 GB set of hard drives, So it now has 3 hard drives installed. Memory is maxed @ 1.5 GB. With new hard drives & Dvdr installed I then did a clean install of  Tiger on the 120 GB 7200 rpm with 8 mb cache , that speeded things up a bunch!  Since then I also added a USB 2 card. & a new processor - 1.467 Ghz. with 2 MB L3 Cache ($259.00 OWC), Then just switched out monitors & got a brand new View Sonic 22"monitor VX2255 from Costco a couple of days ago. They are $299.00 in store & they are a lot better than the model that they replaced - It's running @ 1680 X 1050 & seems a lot sharper than my old 17" Apple LCD that I bought back in 2001. I might add that it's running just fine with the stock 32 MB video card that came with the QS. I did all this with never a hickup from the trusty old QS. and with out an Airport Card. About the only upgrade I can do now is a new computer.
http://web.mac.com/lorensmedberg/iWeb