[G4] extra printer drivers -- I found something

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Mon Aug 13 11:10:51 PDT 2007

A2L1 wrote:
> Hi all,
> Well as I was stumbling along and googling I found an app called
> Monolingual. This app removes all the language additions to all the apps
> and OSX itself. I ran this app and kept only english, let it remove all
> the other languages associated with the various apps, etc, and I gained
> ***9GIGS**.
> I wouldnt have believed it without seeing it myself. There was a ton of
> language stuff with Adobe and the rest of the apps all the
> French,Spanish,etc stuff was removed by this app and I have "recovered"
> a substantial amount of my hard drive space. I am still going to be
> looking around to see if there is anything else I can do.
> I would appreciate any input and I hope my informations can help someone
> else.
>
> Thanks,
>
> A J
>
> --
> mr.a2l1ATgmailDOTcom

you could always clone your startup volume to one of your externals,
along with any file storage on your boot volume/disk.
Then drop in a larger internal drive and clone back to it.
You say your mini likes the internal better than the external drives.
Don't know quite what that means, but maybe it has to do with various
bus speeds depending on SATA, PATA, 400/800 Firewire, USB, or eSATA.

What about one of these?:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/FWU2ESMSV3/

In your movie work, I would think that reading and writing to different
drives would be much speedier than reading and writing simo to the same
drive. But perhaps you are already doing that. The actual "work" on the
files may be done in RAM using temporary files, the location of which
may be set in the application's preferences.
That being the case, you could select a file that resides on an external
drive and set the temp file on the internal.
The above is conjecture, of course, not knowing your apps or
configuration. Just trying to provide some food for thought.