[G4] extra printer drivers -- I found something

A2L1 mr.a2l1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:28:22 PDT 2007

Ok,  Here is what I am primarily aiming at. My internal drive as it is shown
on the desktop,labeled OSX 10.4 has a capacity of 74.41 gigs according to
the get info. So for starters going from an 80 gig drive as listed on the
drive to 74.4 tells me something isnt exactly right. For now I will just
ignore that and go with the 74.4 as the drive space. Now when I open the
10.4 folder, which should be the entire internal drive I have 4 folders. In
order these are Applications, Library, System,and Users. Ok here is where I
get lost, the folders(using the get info) are as follows, Apps=3.25 gig,
Library+1.9 gig, System=1.14 gigs and Users=36 Gigs (mostly the iTunes). If
one totals this it comes to 42.55 gigs. With a 74.4 starting point and
subtracting the folder totals the result is 31.86 gigs but the info shows
74.4 gigs total, 55.02 gigs used and 19.39 gigs free. My question is where
is the other 12.47 gigs?I am assuming that the get info also accounts for
the "hidden files" so that shouldnt be a factor. I am trying to get back the
12.4 gigs that seem to have vanished into the air and wondering about the 6
gig difference from the stated size of the drive to the stated get info
drive size. I am aware or the formatting "loss" but I would think 6 gigs for
formatting is excessive. Anyway that is my peeve, where is the 6 gig
difference and what happened to the 12 gigs from the folder totals to the
free space? I am looking at anywhere from 12 to 18 gigs that I cant account
for and cant seem to find any information about. Does anyone have any ideas,
suggestions?
Thanks to all who have replied and I hope I am not wearing this quest of
mine thin.

A J