[G4] Upgrade to USB 2.0

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 17 11:43:03 PDT 2007

On 17-08-2007 17:32, Pat Smith, patorkd at suddenlink.net, wrote:

>Please be patient with my newness.  I'm old.   I'm using OS 10.4.10
>on my dual processor tower, and trying to find the most optimum
>economic means to upgrade my USB to 2.0 with power sufficient to run
>my new web cam. please help.

I have used a "Digiconnect 5-Port PCI Card Hi-Speed USB 2.0" from the
PC-store (MyCom) in 4 QS's and 3 MDD's. Price Euro 8 (US$ 10<->11). Works
flawlessly!  Personally, I have no troubles with awakening after sleep,
because my Macs never go asleep.
I got the tip from a friend, he is the system-manager (HW and basic-SW) of
one of our national TV/Radio-stations. They still have in use over 400 G4
towers up from the GE. Whenever needed USB 2.0 in one (almost all!) of these
Macs he has used the above mentioned card and he cannot take any risks!!
The joke is: Mac is even never mentioned anywhere by Digiconnect!! The card
comes with a Drivers-CD for Wind. 98 SE, 2000, ME and XP. BUT, under Tiger
nothing is needed! Just install, event. switch CUDA, and go!!

Jo Hissel