[G4] Browsers and e-mail clients

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sun Feb 4 14:07:44 PST 2007

Camino and SeaMonkey stem from the same Mozilla roots.  They are not
all that difference.  I prefer the SeaMonkey interface to that of
Camino, however.

I always have a duplicate copy of my Eudora Settings File handy in
case I run into the same problem that you did.  Yesterday, however,
my wife could not log into her ISP (Cox) mail account using Apple's
Mail,  and I could not log into one of a few separate mail accounts
that I have with Cox.net as well, and I use Eudora.  But, I could
access my other mail accounts with no trouble.  Also, I could not
access the problem e-mail accounts over Cox's web interface, though,
again, I could access the other e-mail accounts that way, too.  So,
the problem was at Cox's end and not with our e-mail clients.  Worth
checking next time your mail wedges.

One more problem that I used to get at my employer's office about
five years ago was not being able to download e-mail beyond a certain
message.  I would have to log into the machine at the terminal level
and use a UNIX editor to remove the offending message (I think the
problem was an end-of-file error).  I have not had that problem with
any of my commercial ISPs' e-mail accounts, however.

If you feel that you want to use another e-mail client, you might
also take a look at a very good one called GyazMail.app ($18,
shareware).  I tried it for a while and liked it very much, but since
I had years and years of history and addresses stored on Eudora, I
decided to stay with Eudora.

--Steve