[G4] SCSI Drive Question

Les Berkley wogears at fast.net
Sat Jan 20 13:35:29 PST 2007

Hello!

I just bought an Adaptec/Apple 2040-U2W  SCSI card for my G4 400 Sawtooth,
to support a couple of old peripherals. It occurred to me that now I can add
a SCSI HD, which would be a good deal faster than the machine’s ATA-66
interface. I vaguely recall that I am limited to 9 or 18GB partitions? (OS
is 10.4.8) Is my memory accurate? What types of SCSI drive are compatible
with this machine and card? Some of the SCSI HDs on eBay look incredibly
cheap!

Thanks,

Les

10:24 AM