[G4] Re: Lost files

Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net
Wed Jan 24 17:53:15 PST 2007

On 1/24/07, Doug McNutt wrote:

>At 14:03 -0500 1/24/07, Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net wrote:
>
>>MMD w/Tiger. I double clicked on a folder within the Documents
>>folder and all the files within that folder disappeared. What
>>happened? How do I get them back? I ran disk and permission
>>repairs...nada.
>
>I notice you were playing around with Column View earlier.

You did? I was?

>Pull down the View menu and see what's there.  Column view might
>have every column turned off.

Nope. How would the column view have the columns turned off and still
be the column view? "Column" shows the path all the way from the HD
to the empty folder. The folder (actually folders as I tried the same
thing on another folder, i.e., double clicking on the folder, and all
the files went away and they aren't in Trash) show "0 items".

>Icon views might have positioned all of the icons off the viewable
>area of the window.

Nope. Same thing-- "0 items".

>The rightmost dot, sometimes green,  to "zoom" the window might help.

Nope.

>Are scroll bars present?

Yes, where they are useful but no, where there is nothing in the
selected folder.

--
T.T.