[G4] Sound and other concerns

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sat Jun 16 13:57:15 PDT 2007

On 16 Jun, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Eric Wood wrote:

> I have no audio input whatsoever from Apple on this machine. I was
> quite
> shocked to say the least - it broke a tradition as old as the Mac
> itself
> of including some kind of microphone input

I have been following your thread on the use of Linux in a Mac box
and finding it very educational. However.......

I am not believing your statement as copied above. I do computer
recycling for a local organization in Chico, CA, and am their sole
Mac technician/volunteer.

Every G4 tower that has come through our program has had a built-in
microphone socket in the back panel and the default system control
panel for sound output/input clearly shows the ability to use the
external microphone socket for recording vocal sounds or audio files
by use of a microphone or line input cable.

Exactly which model Macintosh are you using for your Linux system? If
I correctly recall your original posting, you are using a G4 tower?