[G4] G4 400 (PCI) success

Celia Lawton-Livingstone lawli56 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 13:19:54 PST 2007

I just wanted to let those of you who helped me with some questions about my
Power Mac that It's now up and running with OS X 10.3.9.

I added 256mb of Ram and after a visit to Apple.com discovered that I didn't
need OS 9 after all as the firmware didn't need updating to run OS X.  I was
even more pleased to find that the restore discs for a G4 iBook I was given
installed without a hitch (can you imagine trying to install Vista on a 1999
PC?... in your dreams) and I updated it to the present OS.  I've also found
that my mini usb mouse works very nicely with it too... can't stand that 1
button mouse I'm afraid... I keep wanting to right-click... LOL.  Just needs
some more RAM, extra usb ports, a wireless card, a DVD-RW and I'll be
happy... I really like it and I've even been looking at new iMacs... not as
expensive as I thought.

My first impressions of the operating system are favourable... very similar
to my Ubuntu distro in the way it works so I don't think it will take too
long for me to be completely comfortable with it.

Cely