[G4] monitor problem

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Sun Mar 4 13:28:41 PST 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Margaret, the monitor tells the platform (G4 Gegabit) what is capable
of supporting and then all of the other resolution are excluded.

Could be the cable, the monitor or a bad connection.

On Mar 4, 2007, at 11:05 AM, Margaret Krakowiak wrote:

> All of a sudden my monitor resolution changed from 1024x768
> to 640x480. I can't change it back, any other options are greyed out.
>
> I have a G4 450 gig ethernet model, with the original Rage pro 128
> video card
> in the AGP slot. It shows up in the system profiler.
>
> Any ideas what happened? I repaired permissions so far, that didn't
> help.
> Should I try clearing the Pram? Do you still do that in X?
>
> margaret

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC