[G4] Startup chime but no dice!

Daile Engle macguy47 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:54:25 PST 2007

> I believe you mean command-option-p-r. That one should get you as many
> chimes as you like.
>
> As for the problem, if that doesn't get you a display, do try taking
> some of the RAM out just for fun. And if you have any spare video card
> around, don't hesitate to test that. Lots of probing should turn
> something up.
>
> Eric

Eric
	Ok, hmm.. sounds like the logic board more and more all the time. I
don't have a spare video card..   question, if it was a video card
problem, command, option p-r would give me more than one chime
regardless of weather or not I did a pmu reset prior to it? or..
better question, what actions would I perform or be able to perform
with the keyboard and mouse? I can't open the drive tray via the
keyboard or holding down the mouse.... hmm  is there "other" keyboard
shortcuts that produce actions? (I know I'm reaching here)... I'm
thinking if the logic board won't recognize the keyboard and mouse...
bad logic board? video card = video problems right? it shouldn't
affect the keyboard and mouse functions? now , here's another one I
just thought of... I have no idea of which operating system is on
this machine.. 9.2 may or may not recognize my newer mighty mouse and
keyboard.. if that's what the last person had on it, unlikely though,
but just for kicks, I'll install an old tiger drive and see.... Jeff

Jeff & (my wife)Daile Engle
Kamiah, Idaho 83536
macguy47 at gmail.com

PowerMac G5 1.8 Single (wefixmacs build) 3 gb ram,(1) 160gbhd, (1)
400gbhd, APC 1200 ups, canon 8600f scanner, Brother HL1440 printer,
Dell e228wfp monitor

Recently acquired: G4 MDD Dual 1.25 (2003) with problems :-)