[G4] Re: Hard drive installation problem

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 24 17:40:50 PST 2007

I think the problem is either with the reformatting or possibly a hardware problem with the ATA 3 bus.  I would move one of the 128 GB drives back to the rear ATA 6 bus because it is faster and the new location might help with the troubleshooting, depending on the results.

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:42:15 -0800, Harry Freeman wrote:

> From what I have found out your Mirror Drive Door G4 only supports
> ATA100 which means the maximum amount of disk drive it will support
> without special software is 128 Gb.

This is not true and if it were the drives should still show as 128 GB as far as I know. Here is the report of the drives on my MDD.  In your first post you said the drives had so much "available " capacity but you didn't report the "total " capacity.  Was there a difference?

S Kennedy

ATA-6 Bus:

  Vendor ID:	0x106b
  Device ID:	0x0033