[G4] Crawling Finder

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Wed Oct 3 20:33:55 PDT 2007

Wow, I have a Performa 6214 myself, so I know what you're talking about!
First thought is, if some system files got messed up, let that be a
lesson never to give the wife superuser privileges.

My first serious suggestion is to try with a different user account.
This way you can isolate whether it's a problem with user prefs or the
system proper. If the problem runs deeper than the user account, you
might be looking at reinstallation. I can't imagine that whatever is
wrong could be very easily corrected otherwise.

Eric