[G4] Adding a Western Digital 160HD

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Mon Oct 8 11:55:57 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

I have a Drive that when I first installed it there was something in
the doc. that came with it that talked about Master/Slave which turned
out to be when it was being installed into a WINTEL box.

So bottom line is, if it shows up in the window when you startup "Disk
Utility" just go ahead and format the drive. Even if it is a very large
drive, 300GB it will only format as 128GB

My drive was Maxtor 200GB drive so after formatting it as a 128GB drive
I got a firewire box and reformatted it as a full 200GB drive.