[G4] Upgrade of old G4/400Mhz/OS X-Jaguar?

O'Brien obgraph at hiwaay.net
Sun Sep 2 21:27:44 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 12:57:24 -0500, O'Brien wrote:
> I doubt that a new OS will help the freeze....

Of course, it *could* fix it. But, just re-installing your current OS could also fix it. It could be caused by various things: corrupted OS (re-install OS), corrupted app, not enough RAM or HD. Try repairing permissions with Disk Utility.

In *my* experience, Macs with OSX almost *never* crash. A particular app might crash, but not the Mac. I've had two Macs now with OSX, and I think I've had one crash - maybe two - in the last four or five years since I switched to X. I use my Macs a lot everyday, and they run 24/7. Actually, I don't think I've had a total of more than a handful of crashes since I started using Macs over 20 years ago starting with a Mac Plus with MacOS3.9, I think it was.

O'Brien