[G4] Moving G4 List to Hard Drive

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Mon Apr 28 19:54:38 PDT 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 10:11 PM, John Sparks wrote:
> Hi Al and others:
> I apparently was not clear, on my old G4 1.25Dual 800 running OS
> 10.4.11, I saved all the G4 List to my Hard Drive, which I still
> have on an external H/D. ( Old G4 Power Supply and Logic Board
> crashed an burned, mysteriously). This was in Mail and to a Mailbox
> in Mail.
>
> Now on the Mac Pro, OS 10.5.2 and in Mail I can file all e-mail to a
> mailbox except My G4 List. It will not let me move it. This stumps
> me, I tried moving a copy, and I tried resending list to me, to no
> avail.
> My PowerBook G4 with OS 10.4.11, never had a problem.

John:

Are you saying that you cannot drag an individual e-mail in this list,
like this one that I am sending you, from the Inbox to another mailbox
that you have created?   Hmmm!  On your PowerBook, and the old G4,
exactly how did you get a G4 List item to its designated mailbox?

Whether an incoming e-mail is open or closed, to put it into a mailbox
that I created, I find that e-mail as listed in the Inbox window.
Then I select and drag the entire line identifying that e-mail over to
the left and directly down (or up) to the designated mailbox in the
sidebar.

Al Poulin