[G4] Wanted - MDD FW 400 system install disks

Paul ppd at spin.net.au
Mon Mar 3 02:20:21 PST 2008

Kathi,

thanks for your post. This raises an interesting question - I have
actually tried system CD’s from the following computers in my MDD, all
without luck :

Power Mac G4 Quicksilver -Mac OS 9.2.2
PowerBook G4 Titanium 800 Mhz -Mac OS 9.2.2
iBook (I don’t know which model) -Mac OS 9.2.2

None of these work. It’s obvious that at this point in time Apple was
trying to make it very difficult to use OS 9, and wanted users to
switch to X. So when you say that all that is needed is the correct
version of 9.2.2 for the computer, I would have thought that the best
way of finding the correct version would be to track down the original
machine CD's. Of course, if Apple had released a retail version of