[G4] Re: airport question

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:53:12 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Margaret Krakowiak <imago at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Note to Doyle: so far the fan noise doesn't bother me too much, but I'm
> saving the info
> you shared with me on that, just in case!

For the record, the Mirrored Drive Door (MDD) and FireWire800 (FW800)
models are the ones known for their fan noise (also called
"windtunnel" models).  The QuickSilvers (QS) aren't usually too bad.

One thing that makes the fan in the windtunnel models even more
annoying is that the fan speed constantly cycles up and down as the
processor heats up and cools off.  I don't remember it doing that in
earlier models.

--
Rich