[G4] What Have I Done To Deserve This

gifutiger gifutiger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:54:32 PST 2009

Greetings ( + )!( + )

I concede, if there isn't a Cable Select jumper on the drive then they
should be jumped as Master/Slave. However with the cable that is
provide with the G4 the Master drive will still be the one that is
closest to the Disk Controller.

One last point that I would like to make is that the jumpers on all
drives are not the same. Even if they are from the same manufacturer
the jumpers may be different. So make sure that you read the
documentation on the drive and set the jumpers accordingly.

Once upon a time I installed a drive and just copied the jumper from
one drive to the other. That didn't work because of a number of
things. One being that I missed a jumper that told the IDE electronics
on the drive that the complete size of the drive should be made
available to the controller.

Cheers

  - Harry -
ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?º?ø