[G4] Installing OSX 10.3 on a Powermac G4 quicksilver 800 (2002)

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 12:42:33 PDT 2010

OKay, let's "think" this through. You booted the computer using a Linux CD
and it worked, so it appears the optical drive is working. It may be that
your optical drive is CD only and you OS 10.3 disks are DVDs, althought I'd
think even an older CD burner would read a DVD. IIRC, I have seen Tiger
systems disks both as CDs and DVD. I know I have the full retail version on
DVD. You may also not have the correct "Restore" disks. They're often
specific to a single model/version of CPU.