[G4] new monitor

Thomas DeBoni tomdeboni at mac.com
Fri May 28 12:50:04 PDT 2010

I have a two year old 21" iMac, and run a 5 year old Apple 21" Cinema Display as a second screen. it requires a largish white adapter, but it works fine.

I also have two old PowerMacs - a pre-MDD G4 and a dual processor G5, and I run them both headless via screen sharing from my iMac. I just boot them on my Ethernet and screen share into them to log on and do work. This is not as fast as having a monitor on the system in use, but it's nowhere near slow enough to be bothersome. I recommend it. You don't need a full set of GUI peripherals to run OS X 10.4 and later.

Tom