[G4] Re 10.5.8 and MS Word 2004

Tina K. penguirl20 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:00:04 PST 2012

On 2012/01/25 10:46, Bruce Ryan Nakamura so eloquently wrote:
> Word sometimes quits without warning and can no longer print envelopes.  After I
> type in the addresses and press on the OK button, I am supposed to see on the
> screen an example of what will be printed on the envelope.  However all of the
> address information is lost and I see a blank envelope on the screen.  I updated
> Word to 11.6.1 and the envelope problem was not corrected.  I ran out of time to
> go from 11.6.1 to 11.6.6.  It sure was tedious to go from 11.5.0 to 11.6.1, in 0.1
> steps at a time. But I will try again later to update as far as a PPC Mac can go.

Drastic perhaps, but maybe a corrupt pref file or such? If it worked ok before and
has only recently started acting up can you remember changing anything right
before the problems started? Maybe a complete un/reinstall will help? Assuming of
course that at some point it did work properly on your configuration.

Tina

--

Acceleron: HP Presario 2.8GHz Celeron D 2GB RAM Discrete graphics XP Pro
Luxo Jr: iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11