[G5] Apple care for G5

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Sep 5 22:06:44 PDT 2005

>Anyone new to a platform should get all the help they can get.
>Applecare is still a deal for someone new as they can ask away to a
>mac familiar live
>person..

I don't know, I'm inclined to think that anyone getting a G5 or
iBook/PowerBook should get it.  I've worked on everything from
laptops to Mainframes, both on the software and hardware sides.  I've
even used a soldering iron to fix more than one Mac.

I bought Applecare with my G5 2x2 and consider it money well spent.

This is the first system I ever bought it on, though I do regret not
buying the extended warranty on my PowerBook 520c 10 years ago, as
within days of the 1 year warrantee running out, the screen died
(this was the last laptop I bought).

For some items though, it makes no sense whatsoever, these would be
things such as the Mac Mini, or the iPod Shuffle.

		Zane