[G5] iMac modem

Crazy Miz B of the Crazed Cowboys paula at crazedcowboys.com
Mon Jun 25 00:46:37 PDT 2007

On Jun 24, 2007, at 8:37 PM, Joe Sporleder wrote:

>> Im buying a new iMac for my ex-wife.  She will be using AT&T's DSL
>> for her internet.
>> What I want to know is, do I need to purchase the USB modem from
>> Apple for her to make her internet connection through AT&T?

I bought an iMac G5 almost 3 years ago...and it has a built in jack
for ethernet (AT&T) DSL. That's what I'm using, though I wish I could
get a better speed than I have--but I have a personal vengeance
against Charter Cable...I'll give in soon, I imagine.

It's usually seamless when I surf, but something eventually crops up
that slows things down.

I've also noticed that it's working slow, but I attribute that to the
excess of old and useless crap I've SAVED over the years. I
originally transferred absolutely everything from my G4, and now
three years later-----I still have some room to spare tho!

Does ANYBODY here keep their computer clean and tight and no-
nonsense? I can't seem to do it. I wish I would have the strength to
dump stuff----even ten minutes a day would help...I think the BIG FAT
FOLDER MARKED "G4" would be a good place to start....

;  )

Paula
in St. Louis