[HM] Sending jpegs

TeeGate teegate at comcast.net
Wed Feb 26 18:24:33 PST 2003

Jane,

First make sure the attachment options on OE are set properly. To do
that go into the preferences and click on the compose tab. Then click
on the button that says "Click here for attachment options".  Then make
sure "Any computer (AppleDouble)" is checked.

If it is set properly, I would use Tom's suggestion to compress them
before you send. You must zip them and not stuff them so that no matter
what computer you are sending it to, they can uncompress your photo's.
Here is an option for a program to use. Download Stuffit Lite 6.5.1 at
one of these links.

For OS9 or earlier

http://www.viaseating.com/downloads/StuffItLite6.5.1.sit

For OSX

http://macintosh.ozbytes.net.au/preview/218995.html

Install the program and there will be an application called DropZip in
the folder. Drag your photo onto this application and it will zip it,
which you can then attach to your mail. Remember both PC and Mac users
will be able to uncompress this file.

Guy