[HM] Apple CD Audio Player

Nevin Steindam thenevin at ameritech.net
Mon Jan 27 06:32:52 PST 2003

Well, if you need the Apple CD Audio Player program, I can send it to you.
However, I doubt that's your problem.  If the computer refuses to recognize
the disc when you put it in, there's probably something wrong at the system
level.

Check your Extension Manager.  In addition to having an "Apple CD/DVD
Driver" extension, I have one called "Foreign File Access" which allows the
computer to recognize several non-Mac formats (including Audio CDs).  I've
discovered before that if I disable this extension, my computer won't
recognize any Audio CDs that are put in.

(Disclaimer:  In on OS 8.6.  Can anyone verify that 9.x uses the same
extentions?)

If that extention is there and looks active, you will probably need to try
reinstalling it or looking for Preferences to delete.  As a last resort,
there's always the System re-install.

Good luck.

Nevin