[HM] Re: email programs

TeeGate TeeGate at comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 15:19:43 PDT 2004

Alex,

Your link is broken just like all of mine were when I used Mail.app, and
it displays with the space pushing the rest of the link down a line as
mine also did at times. To me this is a priority problem that needs
Apple's complete attention.

Guy

Alex wrote:
On Saturday, Apr 17, 2004, at 16:28 Canada/Eastern, TeeGate wrote:

 > [...] Apple's mail program has a flaw that is unacceptable to me.
When  you send long links to Windows users it truncates them and the
links  are flawed.[...]

I suspect you're describing the result of line breaks. It's not really
a flaw; Mail.app follows the specification closely. What you need to do
  is indicate that it's something that shouldn't be broken, and you do
that by enclosing the URL inside angle brackets (less-than and
greater-than characters).

<http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/
proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=1&WLBS=fsweb5&sku_id=0665000FS10034
793&catid=&newdeptid=1>