[HM] Re: error message for Outlook express

TeeGate TeeGate at comcast.net
Mon Apr 19 15:00:42 PDT 2004

Jane,

While holding down the Option key, launch Outlook directly by double
clicking on the Application. Once the program launches you will be asked
it you want to Compact the Database and you choose no. Then it will ask
you if you want to do a Complex Rebuild and you choose yes.

  Once it finishes it will give you a message about "Old" files. So you
then look for a folder called "Identities" that is located in the
Microsoft User Data folder.

Inside of the "Identities" folder look through all the folders for all
the files that say "Old" on them. Move them to the desktop, relaunch
Outlook and see if your mail is intact. If so, you can delete the 'Old"
files.

Most likely one of the files in the "Identities" folder is causing this
problem. If the above fix does not work, you may want to back up the
"Identities" folder and then try systematically dragging a file at a
time out of the  "Identities" folder until Outlook launches.

Guy