Problems opening Microsoft 2001 files

Sue Rodriguez Sue.Rodriguez at usm.edu
Mon Jul 12 05:56:22 PDT 2004

Good morning, everyone,

I recently had a total crash and reinstalled my system software and my
programs.  I have a G4 with a dual processor, and at the moment I am running
10.0.4--I have purchased 10.3 but haven't yet installed it--and 9.2.2.  I
have been using 9.2.2 exclusively because Microsoft X does not work below
10.1.  I have Microsoft 2001 loaded on 9.2.2.  I cannot open a Word, Excel
or Power Point file without first launching whichever program I am using.  I
get an error message "To Use MicrosoftWord, your computer mus be running Mac
OS X 10.1 or later."

Any suggestions as to how I can open a file directly?  And any
hints/warnings on installing 10.3?

Thanks, Sue