[HomeMac] PDF

Charles Turner turnercl at missouri.edu
Sat Jun 5 06:26:23 PDT 2004

On Jun 5, 2004, at 7:14 AM, Home Macintosh Users List wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:37:32 -0500
> From: Roger Wise <rogerlou at dnsonline.net>
> Subject:  PDF
>
> This is what I want to do. Put a form on a web page that can be
> filled out and either saved to hard drive and then sent to me by
> e-mail, or send from th web. I have an iBook using 9.2. My question
> is, if I get Adobe Acrobat, will this do what I want? Is there an
> easier or less expensive way?

A few questions:

Does your www host site have PHP? It's common to have a web page use
PHP and html forms to collect information and then send that as an
Email. Here's a link to an article about that (Google found many
articles about this):

<http://www.netspade.com/articles/php/form-mail.xml>

Do you want the www page to display a form which actually is a PDF with
editable fields? If so I don't know how to create that kind of PDF
except by using Adobe Acrobat.

If you have access to a Mac that runs OSX then it is easy to create
basic PDF files. The print output from any OSX application can be saved
using the "save as PDF" button in the print window.

-ct