[HM] Forwarding Animated GIFs

Carol Weber Mckee carolwm at netins.net
Mon Oct 9 16:32:57 PDT 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 5:35 PM, bob black wrote:

	I sometimes receive messages with attachments containing clever
animated GIFS, which I would like to forward to friends. I can download
them to my desktop, drop them on Safari or one of my other browsers,
and the GIFs will remain in animated form on my desktop. When I try to
forward them as attachments from my desktop, however, the animation
disappears. Neither can I forward the original message without losing
the animation. I have worked many hours without success to solve the
problem, but I have gotten nowhere. I shall be most grateful if anyone
can tell me how I can transmit the GIFs in animated form. I am using a
PPC G-5 with OS 10 4.8.

Are you using HTML or Rich Text?  I forward mine that way from my
e-mail.  Sometimes
I use Plain Text and forget to switch back.  Then my forwarded
animations don't go through.
Carol