[MacDV] Re: Various newbie questions

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Tue Dec 24 08:14:01 PST 2002

>On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 23:35:19, Paul Russell <prussell at sonic.net> wrote:
>>
>>...is there anything between iMovie at $0 and Final
>>Cut Pro at $995 ? I already feel like I've outgrown iMovie's
>>capabilities (although it's pretty good for the basic stuff), but I
>>can't justify spending $995 for editing home movies.
>
>One intermediate step would be to consider purchasing some of the
>cool iMovie plug-ins offered by Virtex, Geethree, Stupendous
>Software, and probably others.
>
><http://www.virtix.com/>
><http://www.geethree.com/>
><http://www.stupendous-software.com/>

Thanks - they look interesting plug-ins, but what I really want is
better editing capabilities than iMovie offers, e.g. more than one
"project" open at the same, cut/paste or drag/drop between projects,
join clips, add/remove audio/video tracks, audio processing, etc.

It's a pity there isn't a "Final Cut Lite" or an "iMovie Pro" for say $99.

Paul