[MacDV] How to dub? from a newbie

Jan E. Schotsman J_E_SCHOTSMAN at compuserve.com
Sun Dec 29 10:53:25 PST 2002

Message text written by Tuckerman Moss

[...] But I  can't find any way to obtain video/audio OUTPUT to export the
VHS-C to the camera.  I don't understand these SCART cables (being an
American exile).  Is there some kind of SCART connector that provides
VIDEO/AUDIO OUT?  If so do they come with S-video out?  Or better still,
FireWire out?

many thanks,  Tuck

You need a SCART to (composite) video adapter (little block or cable).
SCART to S-video adapters also exist (only useful if your VCR does S-video
out).

SCART carries RGB, S-video, composite video, but not FireWire.

For SCART pin layout see here:
http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/eprebel/SoundAndVision/Engineering/index.htm

Jan.