Rant...

mo.og at verizon.net mo.og at verizon.net
Mon Nov 25 11:01:08 PST 2002

Sorry to burden you all with this, but I thought it might be of use to
some.
On a whim (what I thought was a good deal) I, tragically, bought an RCA
miniDV camcorder. It was as is at the Wiz, and more than half off the
retail price.

The catch was that it was sold as is... no manual, battery etc. I
assumed that I would be able to purchase these items easily, right? RCA
has all the outward appearances of a real company so one would naturally
think it's just a matter of figuring out what bits one needed and
ordering replacement accessories from the company.

I have spent so much time trying to get a couple of accessories (crucial
to having the damn thing work) I lose track of the time I've wasted. I
have a scratch pad with the 20 odd different #'s I've been given, and
about 10 names of different supervisors etc. that I've had to contact to
try and get this thing done. It seems that for this particular product
one really can't get there from here.

I have never, ever had such an infuriating experience.

I will never again, knowingly do business with this company or any of
it's divisions ever. Too bad they do Technicolor...

Matthew Guemple
Director/MATBLACK > VIS
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601