Best specs for DV - iMac or G4?

Anthony Stolarek tony_stolarek at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 29 03:40:03 PST 2002

I want to commence video editing with a package (call me advanced amateur)
which my 12yo daughter can also use, w Superdrive.

I've decided it's either an iMac or G4. Reading the posts it seems to me
that an iMac has the issues with taking a long time to encode.

Does a g4 (twin 867)encode faster? If so is that what I should optimally
buy?

Also, with G4 should I:
- buy an additional CD burner which is faster than superdrive
- buy more memory?

Any other best buys for the first setup?

regards