[MacDV] Best specs for DV - iMac or G4?

Shirley Kehr ShirleyKat at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 29 06:42:42 PST 2002

Just a comment about an additional optical drive: I have the older A03
super drive in my dual 500. Yesterday I burned two CDs of about 600 MB
each. It took about 7 minutes per CD. That's acceptable for me. What I
find slow about the super drive is the time it takes to display what's
on a data DVD. For that reason, I'd recommend a combo drive as an extra.
However, I don't have any experience with combo drives, so perhaps
someone who does may say that they are slow displaying DVDs with a lot
of data too.

Shirley

P.S. I also feel that you can never have too much memory. It's just more
expensive to max out a computer with the DDR RAM. At least the 2100
sticks are a bit less expensive than those needed in the higher end models.