Toast Titanium

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Fri Nov 29 06:59:43 PST 2002

On 11/28/02 at 3:50 PM, "Kevin Ledgister" <kledgister at mac.com>
transmitted the following electronic message:

>Has anyone used Toast Titanium to burn DVD's or VCD's? I'm looking for
>a comparison in software to iDVD in building menus and moving
>backgrounds?

I haven't used it to burn DVDs (except data DVDs), but I use it
regularly (i.e. daily) to burn VCDs and SVCDs.

Toast doesn't have built-in capabilities to author menus, etc. You need
to do that sort of thing with an authoring application. A really handy
"donationware" app for this purpose is "VCD Builder" by Johan Lindström
-- you can find it on Version Tracker. Assemble all your pieces and then
build a graphic "flow of control" in VCD Builder. It will create the
files you need, launch Toast Titanium with them already loaded in, just
waiting for you to insert a black CD and click Record.

>Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

You're welcome,

Dennis Cohen