setting out points in FCP4

sb videovideo at mac.com
Thu Aug 28 18:21:58 PDT 2003

First of all, start learning the keyboard shortcuts and stop using the mouse
to click on buttons in the Viewer, Canvas, or timeline.

The keyboard shortcuts for Go to In is Shift I, Go to Out is Shift O.

You should be marking ins and outs with the I and O keys too.

Use the J, K, L keys to play, stop, reverse, or the spacebar to play and
stop. You can go is slo mo by holding down both the J and K keys or the L
and K keys. Multiple pressing on J or L to go faster.
If you've been using the mouse to click, you'll really need to break
yourself of the habit.

Next, if what you want to do is to play from in to out, use Shift Backslash
(I think the manual is incorrect)

Another method is to use Shift P, which is play from where ever the playhead
is parked to the outpoint.

Another useful keyboard shortcut in this vein is Play Around Edit, which is
the Backslash. This uses your multi frame trim Pref settings for pre and
post roll

Regards,

 sb