[MacDV] Re: Simple newbie question

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Dec 9 06:20:25 PST 2003

On Dec 8, 2003, at 6:48 AM, Eric Phillips wrote:

> What happens to the cropped sections of your clip? I know iMovie is
> non-destructive but when I tried editing this way I couldn't find the
> parts of the clip that I cropped out.

It is non-destructive as long as you don't empty the trash. If you have
a part of a clip in the trash, select part of the clip that you still
have present, then select the Advanced->Restore Clip menu option to
have it restored.

The other caveat is that if all the "pieces" of a clip are in the trash
and you save the project, that clip will be deleted. As long as one
little part of a given clip is in the clips pane or the timeline, you
can always restore the clip as long as you don't empty the trash.

Hope I didn't make things even more confusing.

-Mike