[MacDV] SCSI cards for a G5 2x2?

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Tue Dec 16 12:17:27 PST 2003

Just say no to DLT!  What a silly tape system...

Use AIT (Sony's 8mm data tape format) -- it's so much easier to use and more
reliable...  I have a LaCie 4 tape autoloader that I use to back up our file
server and clients at work, and have had no problems with it in the 3 years
it's been in use.

As far as SCSI cards...  Look at ATTO cards -- I have used them for YEARS
and have never had a problem with them.  As long as they'll work in your
PCI-X slots, you're set.

2 cents.

- Mark