selling on the list (was Re: eBay items for sale...)

Harley Myler h.myler at myler.org
Wed Feb 5 11:01:53 PST 2003

>on 2/4/03 9:02 AM, Ric Perrott at writerric at mac.com wrote:
>
>> Please don't advertise eBay auctions here anymore. We're all aware that
>> eBay exists.
>
>Actually mentioning something you have for sale is well within the list
>rulse-see #12. I have and will continue to mention my items for sale for
>anyone interested.
>
>Ron--

I have no quarrel with folks listing Mac DV appropriate items to this list--in fact, I welcome them, but please observe some etiquette.

Put "FS: item name, etc." in the subject line. This will allow those not interested to skip your message. This also opens the channel for folks looking for items, such as "WTB:". If it is an eBay item, please use "FA:" as some people simply do not wish to undergo the eBay hassle, regardless of the item. In fact, you may want to post FS: here before listing on eBay.

Never post photos or long descriptions, this plugs up the bandwidth. Interested parties can always email directly for more information.

Thanks and good luck with your sales,

Harley Myler