** Is this really a Digital Video problem? **

Hans de Bijl hansdebijl at wanadoo.nl
Tue Feb 11 01:10:27 PST 2003

Hi listas,

I'm sorry I was away so long. Just like Erica I became a father last
december.
Enfin... this is a maclist.

I have a problem. Big for me.
My both firewire connectors on my iMacDVSE 500 don't work anymore.

When I connect my external HD, iPod or Camera nothing happens. Sometimes
the computer slows down to the speed of a Macintosh SE when I connect
the camera.

A few weeks ago the problem started with sometimes yes a connection and
sometimes no no connection.
Sometime during capturing to my external HD it unmounts.

Sorry for this childisch english, but I'm clever in mac's not languages.

I thought it came during switchng to Jaguar and then updating to 10.2.3

A local dealer thinks it's a software problem and will look at my
machine for 45 euro's Screw him!
I brought my machine back to  factory settings OS9.02. Same problem yet.
Is this a software problem.
Could this be the firmware or what?

If it's a hardware problem, can I fix this myself. My dealer says if it
is I have to return it to Apple. I don't repair the logic board.

Someone has a solution??

Regards
Hans de Bijl
http://www.hansdebijl.tk