[MacDV] Re: CDs to use for VCDs

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Wed Feb 12 16:12:39 PST 2003

on 12/2/03 14:40, Ric Perrott at writerric at mac.com wrote:

> Wonderful. However that means exactly squat to people living in the
> U.S, which is the majority of this list.

Ric,

Forgive me for intruding on your dialogue - I hope you won't take my
comments as a personal insult or a reflection on your obvious expertise in
this area. Your last point, quoted above, may be factual, but your comments
give me cause for concern.

Do you realise that this does come across as arrogance and I will not be the
only one to take  exception to the (unintentional?) implication that the
views and working realities of the rest of the world are of no concern to
you as an American.

I am confident that other US citizens on the list share my view that the
MacDV List  has no such xenophobic agenda. I would like to think that you
don't either. Would you also say, for example, that PAL 'means exactly
squat' because it it not your domestic standard?

I also feel that I must point out that this may not the best time (read some
non US newspapers :-) for you to make ill considered remarks to
professionals in other countries. Enough said.

A personal thank you to all contributors on this subject -  I think the
relevant technical points have been clearly made, and I have followed the
details with interest.

Colin McDonald